OKKAMI Implements “In-App Account Deletion” Across iOS And Android To Help Ensure Traveler Privacy
Privacy and ownership of personal data is a growing concern with travelers today. Privacy is an important part of Apple’s mission as a company and it’s taking a step further ensuring that users have the option to delete their account within the application on iOS.
Starting from June 30th 2022, guests can now delete their profile and request all stored data including message history, service request & purchases directly within your digital host app. Deletion requests will be shared with your corporate office to ensure that all guests data is removed from all 3rd party systems. These changes have been detailed in App Store Review Guidelines 5.1.1(v), it explains what apps can and cannot do when it comes to new account sign-in.
Apple has outlined a number of guidelines that developers must follow when adding the feature to their app:
- The in-app account deletion option should be easy to find for all users.
- It’s insufficient to provide the ability to temporarily disable or deactivate an account.
- Users should be able to delete the account along with their personal data.
- Apps in highly-regulated industries may provide additional customer service flows to confirm and facilitate the process of account deletion.
- Apps should continue to follow relevant local laws in regards to storing users account information.
Apps that fail to provide a means for users to delete their accounts will likely be kept from placing their apps in Apple’s App Store until the in-app deletion requirement is met. Thanks to the updated App Store Review Guidelines, iOS users will have more control over their privacy data and will feel more secure.
It’s very important to have consistent features between iOS and Android apps. OKKAMI helps hotels to create great user experiences for their guests. By adding an account deletion option to Android app and iOS app shows how much your hotel cares about giving all guests control of their data, regardless of platform.